Interview Stream: Web-Based Interview Practice
is it? | Who can use it? | Log in | How much time does it take?
Can I use it more than once? | 3 easy steps | More resources | I don't have a webcam!
I want someone to review my interview | Is this the only practice interview option?
- Interview Stream is a web-based mock interview program to assist you in preparation for upcoming interviews for internships, jobs, or graduate or professional school admission. It is a simple, fun, and effective way to refine and master your interviewing skills. This program has been offered by Career Services since the start of spring semester 2010.
- Anyone with a Virginia Tech PID and password; so that includes students, employees and alumni.
Alumni who need VT PID and password help, see Alumni Association instructions on VT PID + password. Career Services has no control over or access to VT PID and password issues!
- In about 30 minutes you can get logged in, follow some basic steps to do a general interview, record your responses to interview questions and review your responses.
- Time will vary among users because you have the opportunity to:
- Re-try responses, save or delete responses.
- Select from a detailed menu of questions (instead of using a general interview).
- Stop anytime, and log in later to finish an interview.
- Use other resources on the Dashboard, like tips and webinars.
- Sure can. You can save responses and review them later. You can choose different interview questions.
(A detailed tutorial is in Interview Stream; select "Tutorial" in the User Dashboard)
After you log in to Interview Stream:
- Choose Interview Set: Pick your interview set or create your own interview from a list of over 1500 questions.
- Conduct Practice Interview: Conduct your interview with any webcam, any MAC, any PC, anywhere, anytime. Video interviewer will ask the first question, then the webcam begins recording. Mouse-click to stop recording. Review, retry, or continue to the next question.
- Watch and Share with Others: Click a question to review a response. Review it with a friend or professor or career advisor. You'll also have the opportunity to count your filler words ("umm," "like," "you know!")
- Take advantage of all components on the User Dashboard, which includes interview tips and a webinar on strategies and tactics to succeed in the interview process.
- No webcam? Call our office at (540) 231-6241 during office hours and we'll work with you to schedule a time for you to come in and use a Career Services computer with webcam in in a private room in our office.
- You can request an appointment during which a Career Services advisor would review your web-based interview with you (subject to scheduling availability). Call (540) 231-6241 or visit our office during office hours to schedule. Once scheduled, you must e-mail the advisor the link to your interview so s/he can be ready for your one-on-one meeting.
- You can also give review access to others: faculty members who have assigned a practice interview, advisors, friends, etc. It's a simple matter of e-mailing that person while you are in Interview Stream (having asked that person's permission in advance, of course!).
- No. Interview Stream is intended to supplement the in-person Mock Interview Program that Career Services has conducted for many years. If you want to follow up your web-based experience with an in-person Mock Interview (which is encouraged), you can do so; read about and register for the (in-person) Mock interview Program. Of course Interview Stream is available to use 24/7/365, while in-person Mock Interviews are scheduled only for certain times during business hours.