Student opportunities: WORK & LEARN in Career Services
We offer three programs that enable students to acquire para-professional experience and learn by working in Career Services. One opportunity is for undergraduate students currently enrolled at Virginia Tech. Two opportunities are for graduate students only.
Peer Career Advisor Program = PCA
Open to Virginia Tech undergraduate students.
• Academic year commitment; 8-10 hours per week.
• Training during the spring semester prior to your first academic year as a PCA.
• Training, advising, project work to represent Career Services as a para-professional.
• Paid for both training and work hours.
Learn more about the Peer Career Advisor Program...
For graduate students in the Virginia Tech Higher Education (HED) program.
• Fall through spring semester academic year, 20-hour per week, paid position.
Learn more about the Graduate Assistantship...
Graduate Practica and Internships
Open to graduate students in the Virginia Tech Higher Education (HED) program, and to students from other graduate programs and institutions.
• Typically one semester (fall, spring or summer) unpaid experience for graduate students to meet the requirements of their graduate programs for a work experience in a professional environment.
• Hours per week depend on the requirements of your graduate program.
Learn more about Graduate Practica and Internships...