Websites with jobs, internships, career info
On this page | our site:
VT-exclusive resources | just what it says!
Resources by job type, location, student population | new grads, internships, international, local, etc.
Career-field and/or major-related resources | career info, getting experience and post-grad employment
How-to | ...know where to start, get experience, job search skills
Hokies4Hire & On-Campus Interviewing for VT
Current Jobs for Graduates: VT user login to obtain username & password
Job Seeker Environmental Jobs Service:
Forestry, fisheries, conservation, soil & water, environmental action & policy & education, administration, university teaching & research,
cooperative extension, parks, outdoor recreation.
CareerShift Comprehensive online job search site,
with features including ability to find contact names for personnel in organizations.
Going Global Extensive resources for job
or internship search, including job-search-etiquette & protocols — anywhere, U.S. or abroad — for anyone, including student visa holders.
Hokie Nation Network:
Student+alumni career networking
Federal government employment Resources, tips, process for finding jobs and internships.
International opportunities Other resources, in addition to Going Global.
Student & new grad sites Aimed at college students and new grads.
General sites For many career fields, all types of job seekers.
International student job search work authorization issues; resources for International students.
Sources for career information, getting experience, and employment at graduation:
Agriculture | Horticulture | Food Science | Biotech (also see Sciences...)
Federal Government Employment includes Federal jobs by college major
Sciences: Life & Physical (also see Agriculture... also see Environment...)
Industry | career | employer research + ratings, rankings, reviews of jobs, internships, employers for college students and grads.
Know where to start looking for jobs online tips on where to start if all the options daunt you.
Get experience in college get more than one type, and start early.
Job & internship search guide from resume to relocation. Finding jobs is one thing; knowing how to present yourself successfully to employers is another. This covers the skills you need and is for all VT students.
Suggestions of additional sites useful to Virginia Tech students and relevant to career issues may be considered.
We accept and welcome suggestions only from Virginia Tech faculty, staff, and students.
Please note and follow these guidelines:
1. Before suggesting a website, search our site for it [search box at top of this page].
If you find the site you like, we are glad that we have it listed!
2. As an educational institution with an educational mission, we do not endorse products for sale to our students.
3. We are not able to give attention to mass mailings.
4. No PDF or other attachments accepted for recommending a website.
5. In your request, include:
- Subject line with the name of the website you are recommending.
[Subject lines such as "question about your site" commonly used by mass-mailers, will not receive attention.]
- Email should include your full name, VT email address, VT department and affiliation (student, F/S), phone.
- Email should include the recommended website name, URL and a brief description.
6. Send to copeland @ vt.edu. Requests sent by mass-mailers to other staff members will not receive attention.
- Requests will be evaluated at our convenience. Repeat and duplicate requests will delay consideration.
- We make no promise or suggestion whatsoever that we will link to any website.
If you wish to post a specific employment opportunity internship or post-graduation job for our students, thank you! Please contact our employer relations staff to post your job in Hokies4Hire.