Websites with jobs, internships, career info
On this page | our site:
VT-exclusive resources | just what it says
Resources by job type, location, student population | new grads, internships, international, local, etc.
Career-field and/or major-related resources | career info, getting experience and post-grad employment
How-to | ...know where to start, get experience, job search skills
Hokies4Hire & On-Campus Interviewing for VT
Current Jobs for Graduates |
at site use: USER NAME=vt, PASSWORD=scc24061
Job Seeker Environmental Jobs Service:
Forestry, fisheries, conservation, soil & water, environmental action & policy & education, administration, university teaching & research,
cooperative extension, parks, outdoor recreation.
CareerShift Comprehensive online job search site,
with features including ability to find contact names for personnel in organizations.
Internships.com for Virginia Tech students
Search by keyword (industry; major), location, paid/unpaid, college credit. Tips & advice. Wide variety of internships, industries,
Going Global Extensive resources for job
or internship search, including job-search-etiquette & protocols — anywhere, U.S. or abroad — for anyone, including student visa holders.
Hokie Nation Network:
Student+alumni career networking
Federal government employment Resources, tips, process for finding jobs and internships.
International opportunities Other resources, in addition to Going Global.
Student & new grad sites Aimed at college students and new grads.
General sites For many career fields, all types of job seekers.
International student job search work authorization issues; resources for International students.
Sources for career information, getting experience, and employment at graduation:
Agriculture | Horticulture | Food Science | Biotech (also see Sciences...)
Federal Government Employment includes Federal jobs by college major
Sciences: Life & Physical (also see Agriculture... also see Environment...)
Industry | career | employer research + ratings, rankings, reviews of jobs, internships, employers for college students and grads.
Know where to start looking for jobs online tips on where to start if all the options daunt you.
Get experience in college get more than one type, and start early.
Job & internship search guide from resume to relocation. Finding jobs is one thing; knowing how to present yourself successfully to employers is another. This covers the skills you need and is for all VT students.
Suggestions of additional Websites useful to Virginia Tech students and relevant to career issues might be considered. We make no promise to review any particular request.
1. Before suggesting your Website, search our Website for yours. If you find yours, no need to contact us.
2. Coordinate with your co-workers and check past records so as not to send a repeat or duplicate request.
3. Be advised:
- We are not able to give attention to mass mailings.
- As part of an educational institution with an educational mission, we do not endorse products for sale to our students.
- Subject lines such as "question about your site" commonly used by mass-mailers, will not receive attention.
- Your Website name (not ours) should appear in the subject line if you wish us to consider your request.
- Within e-mail, your Website name, URL and a brief description, will help us consider your request.
- Requests should include your full name, title, organizational affiliation, physical location, e-mail address, phone.
- No PDF attachments accepted.
- Send to copeland @ vt.edu. Requests sent to other staff members in our office will not receive attention.
- Requests we choose to view will be evaluated in the order they are received, at our convenience.
- Repeat and duplicate requests will delay consideration of the original, not advance it.
- We make no suggestion whatsoever that we will link to any Website.