Requesting presentations to classes or groups
Who may request:
• Faculty | staff
We can speak to a class in your absence with advance planning for that circumstance.
• Student organization representatives
Topics | length
These topics are a sampling;
we can also customize a topic for you.
Presentation length can be flexible, from 15 minutes to an hour.
• Overview of Career Services
• How to explore career options
• Sources to find experience during college, including internships and co-ops
• Resume writing and job search correspondence
• Interviewing skills
• Sources for graduating students seeking employment
• Preparing for a career fair
• Networking and LinkedIn
• Evaluating and negotiating job offers
• Transitioning from college to the world of work
• Professionalism skills and dining etiquette
• Where VT students go to work and to grad school at graduation
How | advance planning | info we need from you
For best likelihood that we can accommodate your request, please make your request at least two weeks in advance. Sometimes we are able to accommodate short-term requests; sometimes we're not able. Please note we are heavily booked early in the semester and prior to career fairs.
Complete the online presentation request.
In addition to requested date(s), start and end times, and location, please provide information on the size and composition graduate, undergraduate, class levels, majors of your group.
The advisor who can accommodate your request will contact you to discuss details.
If we are not able to accomodate your request, please consider referring students to presentations held during the semester; listed on our events calendar.
We appreciate your interest in having your class or student organization learn more about career topics and skills!
Resources for your students:
Hard copy: free to students
Career Planning Guide for guidelines on resume writing, cover letters, interviewing and more.