Post-Graduation Survey: 2013-2014 VT grads
Post-Graduation Survey for graduates who complete undergraduate degrees.
Thank you to the 3,284 over 61% of 2013-2014 graduates who completed the Virginia Tech Post-Graduation Survey!
As of Nov. 4, 2014, 11:59 pm, the survey is closed.
We will publish the REPORT about the 2013-2014 graduates in early January 2015.
Graduates with undergraduate degree completion | survey close date:
• May 2014 grads | survey closed Tues. Nov. 4, 2014, 11:59pm.
• Summer 2014 grads | survey closed Tues. Nov. 4, 2014, 11:59pm.
• December 2013 grads | survey closed Tues. June 17, 2014, 11:59pm.
Access to the survey was based on your graduation term that you specified in your Application for Degree with the University Registrar.
• To learn about your career planning during college.
• To learn your after-graduation plans.
Still job-hunting or plans not certain?
Fast, user-friendly survey:
• 30 seconds to answer the first, most important question.
• After that, no error messages if you skip an item.
• It takes about five minutes to complete the survey.
Individual responses are confidential:
We do not publish or share names or individual responses as you see in the annual Post-Graduation Report we list data and facts by major, college, university. Individual identifying information is not disclosed.
Why we ask:
1. The information is valuable to academic departments, to employers who hire Virginia Tech graduates, and especially to current and future students and their parents. Data from the survey is used to respond to a wide variety of internal and external requests for information. The past Reports are online viewable by anyone.
2. Federal law requires that universities provide certain information to current and prospective students:
The Post-Graduation REPORT [based on the survey] is used by the Virginia Tech Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness: Student Consumer Information to meet federal requirements for disclosure and reporting of data on "student outcomes," specifically employment and graduate/professional school "placement" following the undergraduate degree.
Why you should respond:
Because you're a part of the university community.
Current and future students have the same questions you have.
Because past graduates responded, we can tell you:
- What graduates of your major are doing after graduation.
- Graduate/professional schools attended by grads of your major.
- Employers, job titles and locations of graduates.
- Salary data.
- What grads wished they had done differently.
All this, and more is in the annual Post-Graduation Report.
Some form of this survey has been conducted since the 1970s.
View all annual reports and multi-year summaries.
Donna Cassell Ratcliffe, Director, Career Services
Catherine Copeland, Senior Assistant Director for IT | Assessment
Dec. 2013 grad survey opened 11/25/13 and closed 6/17/14.
May+Sum I/II 2014 grad survey opened 4/11/14 and closed 11/4/14.
Survey was open to all who completed undergraduate degrees
Consult the University Registrar:
AFD, DARS, grad reqs, degrees, diplomas, commencement, etc.
Domain of Virginia Tech Information Technology: