Post-Graduation Survey: 2013-2014 VT grads
The Post-Graduation Survey is for graduates who complete undergraduate degrees:
Dear December 2013 graduates:
Congratulations on near-completion of your undergraduate degree and this exciting time in your life! The university asks you to complete the Virginia Tech Post-Graduation Survey now.
Access to the survey is based on your graduation term that you specificied in your Application for Degree with the University Registrar.
• Bachelor's and associate's degree graduates.
• To learn about your career planning during college.
• To learn your after-graduation plans.
Still job-hunting or plans not certain?
• That is common, so you can state that on the
• Log in to update your response until the survey closes.
• We'll send a reminder.
Fast, user-friendly survey:
• 30 seconds to answer the first, most important question.
• After that, no error messages if you skip an item.
• It takes about five minutes to complete the survey.
Individual responses are confidential:
We do not publish or share names or individual responses as you see in the annual Post-Graduation Report we list data and facts by major, college, university. Individual identifying information is not disclosed.
Why we ask:
1. The information is valuable to academic departments, to employers who hire Virginia Tech graduates, and especially to current and future students and their parents. Data from the survey is used to respond to a wide variety of internal and external requests for information. The past Reports are online viewable by anyone.
2. Federal law requires that universities provide certain information to current and prospective students:
The Post-Graduation REPORT [based on the survey] is used by the Virginia Tech Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness: Student Consumer Information to meet federal requirements for disclosure and reporting of data on "student outcomes," specifically employment and graduate/professional school "placement" following the undergraduate degree.
Why you should respond:
Because you're a part of the university community.
Current and future students have the same questions you have.
Because past graduates responded, we can tell you:
- What graduates of your major are doing after graduation.
- Graduate/professional schools attended by grads of your major.
- Employers, job titles and locations of graduates.
- Salary data.
- What grads wished they had done differently.
All this, and more is in the annual Post-Graduation Report.
Some form of this survey has been conducted since the 1970s.
View all annual reports and multi-year summaries.
Donna Cassell Ratcliffe, Director, Career Services
Catherine Copeland, Senior Assistant Director for Assessment
Dec. 2013 grads' survey open on 11/25/13.
May+Summer I/II 2014 grads' survey will open in April 2014.
Plans not certain?
Tell that on the survey. You can log in later to update your response until the survey closes.
Career Services still assists new grads:
Domain of the University Registrar:
AFD, DARS, grad reqs, degrees, diplomas, commencement, etc.
Domain of Virginia Tech Information Technology: