Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Career Services at Virginia Tech will be recognized by the university community as the premier resource for actively engaging students in exploring and pursuing their career aspirations leading to meaningful and purposeful contributions to our global society.
Recognizing that career development is a life-long process, the mission of Career Services is to educate and support Virginia Tech students as they discover and make optimal use of their interests, skills, strengths, values, and knowledge to
- Explore and choose academic majors and career options,
- Obtain and reflect upon career-related and other experiences, and
- Develop, pursue, and achieve post-graduation career plans, including graduate/professional school and employment.
- We are committed to educating students and alumni through the use of personalized and innovative services, resources and technology, empowering them to make successful academic and purposeful career-related decisions to become talented professionals and positive contributors to society.
- We are committed to maintaining and fostering partnerships with employers, the academic community, and other university constituents, through providing information, programs, and outreach opportunities.
- We value and serve the needs of a diverse community seeking career-related information and experience, and are committed to providing exceptional service in a welcoming, respectful environment.
- We recognize the importance of systematic assessment to guide continuous improvement efforts and evidence-based decision making.
- We pursue healthy and productive working relationships with our co-workers through open communication, mutual respect and consideration, and teamwork.