Recruiting Services for Employers
Posting jobs & using the student search feature
The Hokies4Hire database allows employers to post jobs and conduct searches for Virginia Tech students and recent graduates who have posted their resumes in Hokies4Hire.
We invite you to post:
• Cooperative education positions (a.k.a. co-ops).
• Post-graduation positions for graduating students.
Online posting is through Hokies4Hire
Maximum visibility 24/7/365.
Posting is easy; takes less than three minutes; there is no fee.
Student search feature:
The student search feature allows employers to search for potential candidates by major, degree, graduation date and other keyword searches. After conducting a search you may download or print resumes and contact those students directly.
Both new and past users:
Employer login to Hokies4Hire.
For new users, we'll send you instructions by e-mail within one business day.
Internships & co-ops
Students often ask us the difference between internships and co-ops:
• Usually one summer or semester.
• Occasionally two work terms.
• Paid or unpaid, depends on industry / field.
• Part- or full-time, per employer's needs.
• 90% of our 2010-2011 grads reported having some type of career-related experience during college. This included 48% having paid internships; 22% having unpaid internships.
Cooperative Education positions:
• Multiple work terms.
• Work terms alternate with school semesters.
• Work terms include fall & spring semesters.
• Usually paid positions.
• Full-time [32 hr/wk min].
• Engineering majors comprise over 90% of the students enrolled in our co-op program; business majors comprise 5%.
• Co-op is open to all majors but internships are more common for most other students.