To be sure your message gets the attention it deserves, please send it to the appropriate contact who can assist you.
- VT students who receive email from email@example.com, and have questions.
- VT students
- Request presentations (faculty, staff, student org reps)
- VT alumni
- Prospective students
- Persons with disabilities
- Website changes or suggestions
- Mailing address | phone | fax
Contacts for employers
- For recruiting and employer services, POSTING JOBS, Hokies4Hire, and much more: Please see contacts for employers.
Thank you for your interest in recruiting our Virginia Tech students!
Please note, these contacts are NOT for website representatives who wish to request links. Those persons should see website changes or suggestions.
Contacts for VT students
- Scheduling advising appointments.
- Regarding firstname.lastname@example.org:
If you receive an email from Virginia Tech Career Services / email@example.com and you have questions, please contact our employer relations staff.
- For academic advising, course selection, course requirements for particular majors: We're not authorized
to tell you specific course requirements.
Here's where to seek help:
- Review the website for the academic department that offers the major and contact your academic advisor if you have questions.
- However, if you need assistance as you try to find information on the Virginia Tech website and on academic departments' websites, we are happy to assist you in navigating.
- If you are between majors and need advising about courses to take, you may seek assistance from University Studies. See "transitional students."
- Topics we CAN help with:
- Career planning and choosing a major
- Externships to explore career fields
- Getting career-related experience during college, including through co-op or internships
- Job and internship search skills and methods
- Graduate students, academic and industry job search
- Planning for graduate or professional school
- Health professions advising: planning for continued education to pursue a health profession
- Hokies4Hire and FAQs about Hokies4Hire
Looking for something specific? Try our A-Z index.
- Looked there and still have a question about where to find information?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org; give details so we can assist you.
We may recommend an advising appointment, or a workshop, or walk-in advising.
To schedule an appointment, call 231-6241 during office hours.
We are unable to schedule appointments or give advising by email. To truly assist our students, advising requires a conversation by phone or in person.
- If you got a job: Congratulations! Please email us at email@example.com; give your name and PID. We'll note you as employed in Hokies4Hire.
- Need help writing email appropriately? Please see email guidelines & etiquette.
- Student concerns or complaints. You may:
(1) write to the director of Career Services at this address;
(2) contact the reception desk to request an appointment with the director of Career Services;
(3) consult the Division of Student Affairs student complaints information.
Contacts for VT alumni
- To provide assistance to students, find networking resources or job search resources for new graduates, please see information for alumni.
- For employers interested in recruiting, please see employer relations contacts.
Contacts for prospective students
- Thinking about attending Virginia Tech as an undergraduate?
Please contact Undergraduate Admissions
- Interested in graduate admission?
Please contact the Graduate School
- Need more information about an academic program?
Please contact the academic department that interests you.
Undergraduate Majors A-Z tells about career options associated with each undergraduate major.
Contacts for persons with disabilities
- If you desire assistance or accommodation to use Career Services' facilities, resources, or programs, please contact our office at
(540) 231-6241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For handicapped access to our office, see location.
Contacts regarding the Career Services website
- For EMPLOYERS who wish to POST JOBS, RECRUIT, access Hokies4Hire, etc:
- Please see contacts for employers [also first listed item at top of this page]
- For JOB & CAREER FAIR SPONSORS requesting we list/update your event:
- View the job/career fair list to see the information we include.
- Please send info/updates to Catherine Copeland at copeland @ vt.edu.
- Your event name and date in the subject line.
- Include contact person name, email and phone.
- Include your event web address (URL) where complete details can be found.
- No PDF attachments.
- COPYRIGHT permissions or CONTENT questions or comments:
- Please send to Catherine Copeland at email@example.com.
- Requesting a LINK to YOUR career-info or job-seeker website:
- See guidelines for suggesting your site.
- We cannot give attention to mass emailings, duplicate or mis-directed contacts.
- We make no promise to consider any particular request.
- We are part of an educational institution and have an educational mission, and thus do not endorse products for sale to our students.
- FACULTY and STAFF: to notify us of an update needed to the career advisor(s) listed for a major / department, please see Departmental
Career Advisor listings.
Mailing address | phone | fax:
Virginia Tech Career Services
Smith Career Center (0128)
870 Washington Street, SW [not accurate for mapping]
Blacksburg, VA 24061
For accurate online mapping, directions and parking information, please see location | directions.
Main reception desk phone: 540-231-6241