To be sure your message gets the attention it deserves, please send it to the appropriate contact who can assist you.
- VT students who receive e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org, and have questions.
- VT students
- Request presentations (faculty, staff, student org reps)
- VT alumni
- Prospective students
- Persons with disabilities
- Web site changes or suggestions
- Physical mailing and delivery address | phone | fax
Contacts for employers
- For recruiting and employer services, POSTING JOBS, Hokies4Hire, and much more: Please see contacts for employers.
Thank you for your interest in recruiting our Virginia Tech students!
Please note, these contacts are NOT for web site representatives who wish to request links. Those persons should see web site changes or suggestions.
Contacts for VT students
- Scheduling advising appointments.
- Regarding email@example.com:
If you receive an e-mail from Virginia Tech Career Services / firstname.lastname@example.org and you have questions, please contact our employer relations staff.
- For academic advising, course selection, course requirements for particular majors: We're not authorized
or able to tell you specific course requirements.
Here's where to seek help:
- Review the website for the academic department that offers the major and contact your academic advisor if you have questions.
- However, if you are confused as you try to find information on the Virginia Tech website and on academic departments' web sites, we are happy to assist you in navigating.
- If you are between majors and are confused about courses to take, you may seek assistance from the University Academic Advising Center.
- Topics we CAN help with:
- Career planning and choosing a major
- Externships to explore career fields
- Getting career-related experience during college, including through co-op or internships
- Job and internship search skills and methods
- Graduate students, academic and industry job search
- Planning for graduate or professional school
- Health professions advising: planning for continued education to pursue a health profession
- Hokies4Hire and FAQs about Hokies4Hire
Looking for something specific? Try our A-Z index.
- Looked there and still have a question about where to find information?
E-mail email@example.com; give details so we can assist you.
We may recommend an advising appointment, or a workshop, or walk-in advising.
To schedule an appointment, call 231-6241 during office hours.
We are unable to schedule appointments or give advising by e-mail.
To appropriately advise students, this requires a conversation by phone or in person.
- If you got a job: Congratulations! E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org; give your name and PID. We'll note you as employed in Hokies4Hire.
- Need help writing e-mail appropriately? See e-mail guidelines & etiquette.
- Student concerns or complaints. You may:
(1) write to the director of Career Services at this address;
(2) contact the reception desk to request an appointment with the director of Career Services;
(3) consult the Division of Student Affairs student complaints information.
Contacts for VT alumni
- To provide assistance to students, find networking resources or job search resources for new graduates, please see information for alumni.
- For employers interested in recruiting, please see employer relations contacts.
Contacts for prospective students
- Thinking about attending Virginia Tech as an undergraduate?
Contact Undergraduate Admissions
- Interested in graduate admission?
Contact the Graduate School
- Need more information about an academic program?
Contact the academic department that interests you.
Undergraduate Majors A-Z tells about career options associated with each undergraduate major.
Contacts for persons with disabilities
- If you desire assistance or accommodation to use Career Services' facilities, resources, or programs, please contact our office at
(540) 231-6241 or e-mail email@example.com.
For handicapped access to our office, see location.
Contacts regarding the Career Services web site
- For EMPLOYERS who wish to POST JOBS, RECRUIT, access Hokies4Hire, etc:
- See contacts for employers [also first listed item at top of this page]
- For JOB & CAREER FAIR SPONSORS requesting we list/update your event:
- View the job/career fair list to see the information we include.
- Send info/updates to Catherine Copeland at copeland @ vt.edu.
- Your event name and date in the subject line.
- Include contact person name, e-mail and phone.
- Include your event web address (URL) where complete details can be found.
- No PDF attachments.
- COPYRIGHT permissions or CONTENT questions or comments:
- Send to Catherine Copeland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requesting a LINK to YOUR career-info or job-seeker web site:
- See guidelines for suggesting your site.
- We cannot give attention to mass e-mailings, duplicate or mis-directed contacts.
- We make no promise to consider any particular request.
- We are part of an educational institution and have an educational mission, and thus are not able to endorse products for sale to our students.
- FACULTY and STAFF: to notify us of an update needed to the career advisor(s) listed for a major / department, see Departmental
Career Advisor listings.
Mailing address | phone | fax:
Smith Career Center (0128)
Virginia Tech Main Campus
Corner of Washington Street and West Campus Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Main reception desk phone: 540-231-6241