What CareerShift can do for you:
Virginia Tech Career Services is committed to bringing you the best resources available to help you in your job search. CareerShift offers the most comprehensive online resource, designed to support the #1 request of job-seekers: an easy-to-use web site to conduct and organize your job search.
CareerShift is an amazing resource!
CareerShift’s set of tools and applications provide a very unique opportunity to job-hunters. While other web services provide bits and pieces of the job hunt process, only CareerShift provides an easy-to-use approach for bringing all these parts together to crack the “hidden job market” and for managing the job hunt all in one place. With CareerShift, you can:
- Search and store jobs from all the major job boards, company websites, newspapers and anywhere else a job is posted on the Internet.
- Get inside contact information immediately, including e-mail addresses, for millions of companies, even alumni, then save and manage your lists.
- Upload, copy and paste as many targeted resumes and cover letters needed or upload your current documents.
- Work with Career Services to create unlimited e-mail campaigns with your saved contacts, resumes and cover letters. You can choose to send your lists to yourself for a postal campaign.
- Campaigns are automatically saved and recorded. In MY CALENDAR, you can keep notes, and set reminders for follow-ups.
- Access your confidential CareerShift account from anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
To use it:
• Go to CareerShift.
• Select "sign up."
• Fill out required information using your vt.edu e-mail address.
• Select a security question and answer.
• Answer the human verifier question.
• Check user agreement.
• Select "Next."
• You will be brought to your CareerShift account.
Or call toll-free: